Kris asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 month ago

Why so many Trumpers think face masks a political statement? Why can\t they comprehend maybe they have seniors at risk, or a sick child?

When you wear a mask, you are protecting your loved ones. If you don't want to wear a mask, fine. Just stay away from me. I have vulnerable parents, who I would like to be able to visit. Why are so many GOP, I shouldnt say GOP because they are not really Republicans anymore, just Trumplicans. But why don't these people see we are wearing masks to protect loved ones, and not to make any stupid political statement.

62 Answers

Relevance
  • Lolly
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

They make even life and death a political statement. Trump is nutz and his followers listen to him like a cult leader. It's a sickness.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Trumpsters who follow trump's lead and don't wear a mask share his exemplified evil character about reckless behavior endangering others. Trump is the reason we're so terribly divided. He's supposed to unite by good example.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 month ago

It's not a political statement. Just a royal pain in the arsse

• ...Show all comments
    • Lol. I don't wear a mask at home around my loved ones. Only out in public around those who are strangers, not my loved ones. It's not up to me to protect them. People need to protect themselves. 

• 1 month ago

Because Rush & other right wing opportunists are making a political issue of it. They are feeding the hate pablum to the right wing conspiracy crowd.. Trump is not  telling people not to wear masks.  He actually wore one the other day on a factory tour.  It's his choice not to wear one  & it's others choice to wear one.

• rustbucket
      Lv 6
      1 month agoReport

It's more than that people are dying.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

We are hoping that you will get sick.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

If you actually loved your parents, you wouldn't visit them.

The masks really are more of a fashion statement than anything. People wear them because they think they're keeping themselves or others safe, but masks don't really protect anyone... they're a bare minimum defense.

Source(s): The point is that you're giving yourself false security with the mask. The best way to keep vulnerable people safe is to NOT visit them. it is us young people who get the virus, never feel sick, then spread it to the elders.
  • Ann
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

Perhaps if the CDC hadn't insisted for so long that a mask was not necessary and then reversed itself, people might think more of it. The mask isn't "protecting loved ones." It gives people a false sense of security. Kinda like those people wearing gloves, even before the virus. They prepare your food, hand it to you, take money and give change and then move on to the next customer WITH THE SAME GLOVES ON. 

• Mark
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Who knows what goes through evil minds?  It is SUCH a painless exercise to wear one (apart from the bad breath one didn't know one had), that "not wearing a mask" is silly...  Such is life in the US and the UK (but not Canada, or Australia, even).

• ...Show all comments
    • Mark
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

@ a"  Oh, they do... But it is like the Donald's oft used phrase:  "what do you have to lose?"

• 1 month ago

probably for the same reason  you see it as a sign of your moral and ethical superiority....

• ...Show all comments
    • David1 month agoReport

So in your view it is unethical to try to protect people by wearing a mask which the leading health experts all say can lessen the chance of infecting other people who might be at risk? Or is it just immoral  to wear it because you shouldn’t have to do anything inconvenient? And science is stupid? 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Im a Trump supporter and I wear a mask and gloves whenever I am around people.

• ...Show all comments
    • Edna
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

You know what I see people do with their gloves after they come out of the grocery store? They take them off and throw them into their empty shopping cart, for store employees or other customers to have to deal with.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.