Do Catholics believe in more than one God?

17 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

Yes, by their own belive in ascribing partner to GOD in calling Jesus as the son of GOD. Even they go so far as calling Jesus as the son of GOD is not ascribing partner to GOD. So we leave this difference of believe to GOD to judge them both in this world and the hereafter world.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Paul
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Absolutely not. To do so would be the sin of idolatry. Catholics believe in the one true God Father, Son and Holy Spirit.

• Even if Catholics believe in the Deity of God, are they outside Christian doctrine, as you are, the antichrist?

• Mintee
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

yes.. 3 in one... the father, the son and the holy ghost.. as 3 entities...

• ...Show all comments
    • Jea
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

And several others.  Commandments prove that, "no god before me", and all that trash.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

You'd have to be living under a rock not to know Catholics believe in Father, Son, and Holy Spirit -- three Persons in ONE God.  Do a better job of trolling.

Source(s): Greek Orthodox Christian
  • Doug
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

No, but they add works to the Gospel and have no assurance of their salvation. For this reason, you should avoid Catholicism.

Because we have all sinned against a perfectly holy and righteous God, we all deserve eternal separation from God in hell (Rom. 6:23). However, God loves us so much that He sent His only Son Jesus to die on the cross as our Substitute so we don't have to go to hell. Christ died for our sins, was buried, and rose from the grave three days later (1 Cor. 15:3-4). He gives eternal life freely to anyone who simply believes in Him for it. No one can be saved by doing good works. Salvation is by grace alone through faith alone in Christ alone (Eph. 2:8-9).

"Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that believeth on me hath everlasting life" (John 6:47).

• Doug
      Lv 5
      1 month agoReport

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=StgAtwxiix0

Lv 7
    1 month ago

No, they believe only in one god.

• Amina
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

As far as I know their belief in God supports the trinity.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Nope, money is their only God

• Jea
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

All of christianity has multiple gods.  Three on top, then Satan, and several others.  

Read your bible christians, please read the thing.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.