JOAN asked in Politics & GovernmentMilitary · 1 month ago

should we wear gloves to avoid covid 19?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

also suggest you keep hand sanitizer in your car and automatically use it whenever you get into your car............if you do not have sanitizer, use a hand cream and add alcohol (not vodka or gin) to it...or just use a little alcohol.  JUST THINK SMART

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

Look, if the advice is to keep washing your hands then that is the biggest clue of all. If I go shopping or to collect an item I wear disposable gloves and take them off and bin them before touching face etc. They are disinfecting supermarket trolleys as well which is another clue. If you take the gloves off when you leave the store and certainly before you touch the car then that is probably not a bad idea although disinfectant wipes, if you can get them, are also good. Personally I dont think you can be too cautious with something as dangerous as covid-19 since you only get one chance in life and it is an appalling way to go if you are one of the unlucky ones who does not have the means to fight it off. Any items purchased might be contaminated so washing your hands after touching them and certainly before eating food is sensible.

The other user is 100% correct though that if you touch your face or mouth wearing gloves then you might as well not have been wearing them as the surface will just be taking the place of your own skin with possible contaminants on.

What are the medical people wearing when they treat people with the virus and what do those who carry out cleaning work wear?

What would be a very interesting experiment is to use a colourless glow in the dark dye and spray it onto someone's hands. If you then analyse which parts of the house subsequently have traces of that dye on them it would give you some idea of what you are dealing with. As a control you could  spray one person with the dye and five others with plain water so that the subjects are unaware which of them is carrying the 'virus'.

However, the greatest danger is always going to be contact with other people or being in close proximity to them.

The only safe way, if you are a vulnerable person and sometimes even if you are not, is to assume that every other person you see is actually infected for the foreseeable future and until such time as the number of new infections goes down to zero. 

• STEVEN F
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

The gloves are actually MORE likely to transmit contaminants than skin.

• 1 month ago

Gloves actually won't help. If you wash your hands before touching your face after contact with a contaminated surface, you WILL NOT contract the virus in that manner. If you wear gloves, and touch your face with contaminated gloves, you WILL transfer the virus to your face, where it can actually get into your system.

In other words, washing your hands and not touching your face works BETTER than wearing gloves in all cases.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

You should try posting your question in the appropriate category.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Robin
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

yes plus masks and condoms

• 1 month ago

They don't really work.  Covid is likely not absorbed through the skin of your fingers.  But, if you put your fingers near your face, even with gloves on, you can still transfer the virus, and get the disease.  Gloves, on their own, do very little, especially if you just leave them on all day.

• capitalgentleman
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

Thumbs down for a correct answer?  No wonder so many people are getting the virus!

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

I wear disposable gloves when visting public places like stores where there is a realistic risk of touching surfaces, including the buttons of card readers, that could be contaminated with the virus.

• Jack H
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Not every day, I wear disposable gloves when shopping, but it's almost mandatory here as is mask wearing when shopping etc., too many people try to downplay this horrible virus, you should protect yourself as much as possible to avoid catching and spreading it around. Regular hand washing is enough for most days though...

Attachment image
    • STEVEN F
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

Your last frame DIRECTLY contradicts the first 3, which are actuate.

• 1 month ago

I do. Got a bunch of em a few weeks ago. Wear em every time I go to the store..along with a surgical mask

• Mrsjvb
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

not necessary, and a total waste.  you would literally have to change gloves every single time you touched something.  

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.