Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social ScienceGender Studies · 2 months ago

Am I the only one who can't stand either gender?

I see these gender wars everyday and I feel like I'm one of the few who thinks both men and women can be awful in their own ways.

I don't think I am innocent either because I have my own flaws, but it's more that I am fed up with how badly I was treated by both genders when I do nothing wrong to them. Humiliating me in front of my peers, excluding me from social groups, and being downright malicious/snake like was what made me have serious trust issues.

If people don't like me, fine, but that's no excuse to belittle, bully, and exclude people who either don't meet your beauty standards and friendship standards.

I even find myself feeling envious of popular people I can't stand this chick I know from HS mostly because she has had more good luck with people that I have. She also has this mean girl vibe I picked up on and I even once rolled my eyes at her when I saw her. I'm not gonna pretend to like her, when I don't.

3 Answers

Relevance
  • Foofa
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

You're merely putting your general misanthropy into a gendered format. If you hate everyone then gender doesn't really matter.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Werbie
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Pretty sure everyone is a misanthropist at some stage in their lives. Yes, even that really pretty and popular celebrity, especially with the amount of hateful messages they receive on a daily basis simply because of the way they dress. 

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

There are men and women that I like and men and women that I dislike. I don't base my views on their gender and I agree that gender wars are ridiculous and pointless. However, I wouldn't say I hate people. I've seen the best and worst in humans and I think most people are capable of good and bad. If you've been bullied and treated badly, I can understand why you are guarded and preemptively shut yourself off to people. But there are lots of good people in the world and just because some humans have treated you poorly isn't a reason to generalize about over 7 billion people. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.