hikaru asked in Entertainment & MusicMovies · 2 months ago

Is there love that is like the ones from Disney movies?

Don’t get me wrong,I’m 28 and I’ve had relationships.But I’ve never been in love.I’m very jealous of what fictional characters have in the movies.I wanna hit hard and fall in love but real relationships aren’t like the ones you see in the movies(at least not the ones I’ve been in)Does that kind of love exist?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

Don't want to sound like a pessimist, but I don't believe there is; at least, not in the authentic sense.  The idea of "romantic love" is a relatively recent notion, only about a three or four centuries old, made popular by European romance novels (written almost entirely by men), to entertain women.  Romantic love remains a foreign concept to much of the world, and is mostly used as a marketing ploy to make a profit, by playing on women's feelings and fantasies.  

Is it really a wonder why it is that females make up two-thirds of the consumer demographic?  I admit I have a personal bias, not only as a guy, but also growing up disliking Disney movies.  I got that it's fiction, but there always seemed to be some deceptively hidden in the moral lessons the stories are trying to tell, while portraying itself as "wholesome" entertainment.  I had enough to be able to

It just always seemed like indoctrination to place a bunch of kids in front of Disney by default.  I don't think it is at all as innocent as it presents itself to be, and sends a bad message to young girls, who grow up thinking, "it is how things are", or "ought to be".  The following of Disney comes off as "cult-like", and seems to last past childhood, in many adult women.  

I think when guys try to be the "prince charming", and love women like they say they want to be loved, they find themselves being passed over for the guy the Disney movies tell us not to be.  There aren't many stories that portray realistic relationships, or tell us what women are really attracted to in a man.  Guys get fed up with being left with mixed signals on multiple levels, and finally end up realizing that it loosing game.

Romantic love deals in the exchange of "emotional currency", where guys are forced to be at the mercy of of women's ever-changing feelings and mood.  Guys want some level of reliability and security as much as women do, but romantic notions condition women to think they don't have to provide any.  Thus, dating and relationships become a guessing-game of figuring out what pleases someone enough to keep them around, which isn't 'love' at all.  

I believe 'true love' exist, but only when two people are of the intelligence level of fundamental respect for oneself, as well as others.  

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • LilyRT
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

puppy love can be like Disney movies.  but that doesn't last but a few months.  real love is much more complicated.  it can be more fulfilling in a way, but it's not going to take away all your fears, anxieties, loneliness, insecurities, and make you feel loved, valued and cherished every single moment of every single day.  your partner's job isn't to make your life perfect or like a Disney movie. and neither is yours.  

• Kathy
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Real love is not like it is portrayed in movies.

• Jesere
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Yes, that type of Love exists.  I fell in love at first sight in the Spring of 1975 at a Senior function at school, it was my 4th HS.....always the New girl. 

We dated all summer but at the end of Summer we parted ways,  he was off to Collage and  I was to report for duty in the Navy. 

We lived our lives for 35 years. I had a few relationships where I loved, but wasn't in love. In June 2010 we reconnected,  he was widowed  and I divorced.  

When we met face to face again, time seemed to melt and we picked up where we left off. It's been 10 amazing years so far.....****have you noticed most Disney movies start with tragedy..

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Cogito
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

The 'Disney' lovey-dovey stuff is just a fantasy for children and young teens.

If you still think that real life is the same as an animated movie, you need to grow up and try to be realistic!

• 2 months ago

My marriage is certainly more loving than any Disney movie! Maybe you can explore higher standards than the stereotypes shown on the big screen.

• 2 months ago

There may seem to be more of that perfect love in movies, as many people are envious of such an experience and they feel lacking. That is just Hollywood capitalizing on what people want. But it does exist in the real world for normal people, but sometimes it seems all too rare. Good luck to everyone in this regard.

• Matt
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

nope, all cooked up in a hollywood studio

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.