Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 1 month ago

Where are we going wrong? ?

This corona lockdown has put many families on patience test. We(me my sis and bro-in-law) came to my parent's place before lockdown from past almost 2.5m.

My sis and bro-in-law got married 2yrs back even though he was not financially stable (not even ambitious) he don't have proper house(in soil made house). 

Now coming to the point, he likes to eat menu other than routine like chapati sabji also he don't like dinner meal prepared in morning. During 1st month my mother and sis managed to prepare something different everyday and fresh meal 2-3 times but because of which they couldn't get time for themselves so after 1month they started preparing meal in the morning only and stopped special snacks. He is not happy with that. He is the only person who only eats don't help in any household task. I am working from home for 9hrs and help when i get free. Even my 65yrs old dad help in household task. But this person instead of helping expect many things from my sis n mom. We have water purifier in our house still he doesn't drink that water he purchase water from outside. During lockdown his income is zero + he has to pay rent. I asked him to utilize free time and study something to make better career but he doesn't care. We are only 2 daughters of our parents. I am a feminist I don't like when serving his plate every best goes to his plate and we eat leftovers. I don't know what kind of attitude he have he bahaves like a Rich man, still blame us that we don't take care of his wish.

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Pearl
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

youre not doing anything wrong, he is by being that way

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Foofa
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Your sister married a loser, period. Stop waiting on him, stop catering to him and let him starve if he can't be bothered to go get a plate for himself. I know plenty of rich people and none of them would act as bad as you describe in this guy.

• 1 month ago

Your whole family is enabling him to act the way he does. Your parents (father) should take his son in law aside and tell him to either help out in the house like everyone else and pay some rent (not act like a freebee Maharaja with everyone waiting on him hand and foot) ....or he should now move back to his own home. Your family are enabling him to act this way because none of you have the guts to tell him that he is taking liberties in a home that is NOT his own.

• 1 month ago

Kick his *** and go yourself study something, so that you don't need to rely on anyone to feel safe and happy. Good luck! 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.