Maria asked in Society & CultureEtiquette · 1 month ago

Why did my classmate dislike me? ?

I recall in elementary school, I had a female classmate that was a high-achiever (had good grades, athletic, had alot of friends, teachers liked her, and she won all awards at school). We were only at the same class in third and fifth grade. We weren't friends.

I knew that she disliked me because she didn't want to sit beside me in first day of fifth grade, sitting arrangement from our teacher. So, she asked to switch with somebody else. 

She shouts at me alot, talks in a commanding tone and she always gave sideways glances that looked uncomfortable and didn't like me. She doesn't say please or thank you to me. 

The teacher gave her responsibility to mark calligraphy. I submitted on time and she told the teacher that it wasn't done on time despite that it was on time. 

Last, she invited everyone in our class at her birthday party but she didn't invite me. When I asked my friend to ask her why she didn't invite me, she told my friend because "I don't want to."

Why did this classmate treated me like that? Did I do something to her that caused her to treat me this way? Do you think that I should've asked her why she treated me this way and apologize to her? 

Thank you for taking the time to answer my question. 

7 Answers

Relevance
  • susan
    Lv 7
    1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

We don't know. Chances are that if she remembers these events at all, she remembers them now differently than you do. It obviously left a mark on your psyche, and I suggest that your best path toward healing now would be to do more in your present day life of the things that make you feel better about yourself, such as working out to become stronger and more physically fit, or taking care to sleep at least 6-7 hours at night on a regular basis. Then the thing in your past that makes you feel unimportant or sad can fade into the background and be overwritten by the things in your present that make you feel better.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

the answer is stop worrying about it ... you cannot change it 

what ever it is 

no one can know why if you do not know

I was as you.,. now I am doing well others not so much after 40 years 

smile and make it to the next stage 

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

cause she was being a jerk

• willy1 month agoReport

Pearl- not to be rude, but your answers suck, big time. No substance, no thought- nothing. This isn’t your thing- find a more productive way to spend your time. 

• 1 month ago

You probably did to something to her and weren't even aware of it. Something she found threatening to her insecurity. But it also could be due to some piece of gossip about you too. You will never really know unless you ask her, and you would need to know your "sin" before seeking forgiveness.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Chanel
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

Who knows why people turn against them for no reason. It still happens in the work place.

One job I had the manager didn't like a lot of people colleagues and customers but I got on well with them.

Ignore her and concentrate on your life to make it happy. Do things that you like. I know it is hurtful but this stuff happens all over the world.

• Maria1 month agoReport

Thank you :)

• 1 month ago

Given this goes back to elementary school, decide how much emotional attention you want to give this person and their behavior. Children behave in a certain way for a variety of reasons and unless you are able to reconnect with your classmate, you may never have a definitive resolution as to why this happened. However, if this perceived exclusion is still impacting on your day to day life, consider seeking professional help so you can better understand yourself and your emotional processes.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Why are you obsessing over something that happened in grade school?

I was bullied ALL through school, by girls and boys, I was one of the most hated “loser, nerd, ugly”  girls in school, even some teachers laughed at me.

I have tried to move on, this included therapy, it can help.

I suggest you see therapy.

Kids are a..holes to each other, always have been, always will be..kids will always be bullied, girls will always be b.tches, always.

Get over it and move on or see a psychologist.

• Chanel
      Lv 6
      1 month agoReport

I felt sad reading your reply and I am glad you have moved on. It reminds me of the saying: 'Don't let the b......s get you down'.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.