I got a girl pregnant and she moves states and don't tell me anything obviously she donr want me knowing can I just sign my rights over ?


Her friend is the one that told me about the baby a year and half later what's my rights not sure if its even mine but can I sign over my rights anyway

3 Answers

  • LizB
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

    You can, but that just results in no longer having any visitation rights or ability to make parenting decisions. It will not abdicate you from child support if she chooses to pursue it, or is required to because she's filing for public benefits.

    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

    Has she asked you to sign your rights away?  If you haven't heard from her I don't know how much I would want to ask.  Maybe she's not sure who the father is.

    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 2 months ago

    Unless you’re on the birth certificate listed as the child’s father don’t worry about it.  I’m surprised she hasn’t come after you for child support.

    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.