Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesHistory · 1 month ago

Why don't conservative republicans understand they're nothing like Lincoln?

During the 1960s the racist base of the Democrats basically switched sides when Nixon realized that he could capitalize on their anger over the Civil Rights act passed under Johnson. It is downright disingenuous to keep claiming conservative republicans have anything in common with Lincoln, it is also disingenuous to keep bringing up Andrew Jackson like you're Dinesh D'Souza claiming 'Dem democrats created the KKK' when due to the political shift Jackson would be consider a republican and your leader Donald J. Trump on numerous occasions has had a big man crush on Andrew Jackson + Trump hired a white supremacist on his administration.

Update:

No anonymous it is called common fact.  #Reported.

Update 2:

"reported 4 being an idiot troll and for spamming garbage intentionally" Says the F'k wad with multi-accounts on a Q & A site whose throwing a hissy fit because I've blocked several of your accounts.  Grow up child and sit the F'k down.

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

They do understand they’re nothing like Lincoln. They are lying.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

They do but the truth is irrelevant to them, and it's convenient and fits their agenda for them to say today, Lincoln was a Republican therefore Republicans ended slavery. 

• 1 month ago

Lincoln was a Mass Murderer who hated the Blacks he blamed them for the war

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Lincoln was a racist as was the vast majority of the country. The issue back then was slavery. Black equality rose as a political priority in the 1950s. The dems rebranded to embrace it as equality is a basis tenet of liberalism. The opposition came f/ the reps and the south. MANY people swapped party over this highly charged issue. Strom Thurmond is symbolic of the transition. I could copy/paste a chapter f/ my notes.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Check out Lincoln's voting records on slaves prior to becoming President. Yes, he may have wanted to end slavery, but doing it by returning them to Africa. Freeing the slaves was a war strategy. He hoped the slaves would revolt while the South was fighting the North.

As for me, I a white Christian from the South that believes the correct things happened. Slavery was abolished [human rights], The States were United and together we became a world power.

• 1 month ago

Whatever makes you feel better....

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Because facts and truth are to Republiturds as kryptonite is to Superman.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.