Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 1 month ago

what should i do (about my mom)?

I’m a 15 year-old Asian American girl. Although I know she tries not to be too harsh, my mom does freak out at me sometimes. She has told me to my face, in front of my family, that no one likes me, 

that I have a disgusting personality, and that she signed me up for therapy(which I did for 7 months and didn’t at all enjoy). She has said these things on multiple occasions, even seconds before dropping me off at school one time. This was mainly happening when I was 14. I can admit that I was a teenager with a lot of attitude, which is why she said these things to me. I cannot fully explain every detail leading up to this. We have always had a bit of tension. Anyway, a year later, I still remember every word she said and I still think about it every night. I’m the type of person to always remember someone’s betrayal and always keep it in mind. Because of this, I don’t think I’ve ever treated my mom the same after she said those things to me. Every day, especially during quarantine, tension has been building up with little fights and arguments. I know these things wouldn’t be happening if those hurtful words never left her mouth. I don’t want our relationship to be this way, however I just don’t think I can love her like I used to. Part of what contributes to this is her favoritism toward her husband, my sister, and even my step-siblings. 

Does anyone have any advice? Thank you. (If you have any questions, please let me know.)

3 Answers

Relevance
  • Pearl
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

maybe you shouldnt stay with her if shes going to be like that

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Foofa
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

This is the kind of thing you should have talked to your therapist about. Seriously, girl, that's the reason you were there. At this point I guess you could ask your mother to put you back into therapy so you can actually deal with this (instead of asking strangers on the internet). You and your mom need family counseling, obviously.

• 1 month ago

Tell her how you feel and maybe she will actually change herself. She shouldn’t be acting like that towards you.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.