Should I go see a doctor for throat pain right now?

Conflicted as to whether or not I should go to a doctor during a pandemic, especially because it has to do with my mouth. For the last 3-4 days I’ve had what feels like a lump in the back of my throat, and eating or drinking makes my throat tense up and hurt. It almost feels like a large piece of food lodged in there, but I’ve tried both washing it down with water and throwing up and nothing has helped. Obviously I’ve been snacking a bit more because I’m at home all day, but for the most part my diet hasn’t changed much. I also don’t know if this is related, but I feel somewhat “bloated”? I feel like I can’t take deep breaths, and my stomach always feels puffed out. Anyways I’m really annoyed by this as it happens every time I eat, drink, and even sometimes swallow. Would a doc even take an appt for something like this? I know I can’t ask for an internet diagnosis either, but if anyone has any clue as to what this could possibly be and what I can do at home to help remedy this it would be greatly appreciated. 

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

Sore throat and shortness of breath are two of the main symptoms of Covid-19, along with fever. You need to at least call a doctor and ask if you should come in for a test.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

Contact your doctor's surgery and ask them. Your doctor may be able to offer a phone or video consultation.

• 2 months ago

What if you have throat worms????

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.