Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 2 months ago

Do you prefer almond milk or regular milk?

52 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

I prefer GMO-free Low fat Organic Goat milk. 

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • SW-6
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

I tried almond milk one time, and spit it out violently.  I didn't get any almond taste, just a mouth full of a creamy disgusting drink.  I couldn't imagine having to actually drink that mess on a regular basis, so until they outlaw milk from a cow or regular milk, I am drinking the regular milk.  Almond Milk is GROSS.  :(

Source(s): I do like vanilla soy milk warmed up with a dash of cinnamon! :)
  • 1 month ago

I don’t drink milk often and when I do it’s because I’m eating cookies.

I do cook with milk if a recipe calls for it and typically that is actual milk from a cow.  Because most of those recipes are baking, I don’t mess with other “milks” because it will probably screw up the recipe.  When I roast a chicken these days it’s usually Jamie Olivers chicken roasted with milk, cinnamon and sage, and that’s real milk.  In fact, about three years ago when I first made that recipe was the first time I’d had milk in the house in years.

I’ve gone off dairy for periods of time many times and tried many of the milk substitutes, mostly for adding to coffee or using with cereal or oatmeal.  I prefer soy milk over the others, specifically Wildwood soy milk which is made in my area.  In fact, it was the only soymilk I had ever had until one day the store was out and I bought Silk and almost gagged, that ended up getting tossed.  Wildwood is definately the best.

I’ve tried almond milk but I have a teeny bit of a digestive sensitivity to almonds - if I eat too many they upset my stomach.  A handful is fine, a cup is not, I found almond milk did the same thing.  I also tried cashew milk, which was ok, but I prefer the soy. But honestly, I like to eat real food and things made to look like other things ... just put me off ... and I don’t have issues with drinking organic milk from smaller dairies so just have real milk...

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

I've never had almond milk. Does it taste like almonds? Please let me know.

• SW-6
      Lv 6
      1 month agoReport

Friend, there are no words for how gross that stuff is.  Didn't taste like almonds to me, the texture is kind of creamy, i spit it out immediately - disgusting.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Regular milk for sure

• e9601:
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

Only the real stuff. Regular.

• 2 months ago

prefer them to what?

• IvaB
      Lv 5
      2 months agoReport

What is it that you don't understand ? Almond or regular milk? it's a simple question.

• Mintee
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

well... if I could drink almond milk, yes.. but I wont go into it much, but I have kidney stone issues.. almonds (and everything made with them(. have a chemical called oxalates.. these form the stones in kidneys.. too much of a good thing caused me to have 3 kidney stone removal procedures.. so I dont drink almond milk.. I do however make my own alternative milk from oats, coconut, cashews, etc...

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

I prefer milk.   Actual milk.  

• kswck2
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Regular. Almond is too expensive and just the current fad.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.