6 weeks pregnant ?

I am 6 weeks pregnant and I started spotting yesterday it started with light pink blood and then started getting bright red I’m also having cramps not strong but do feel like period cramps I went to the hospital but my ultrasound came back Inconclusive since I was so early they couldn’t figure out if the fetus had a heart beat I’ve been pregnant 3 times before and I have never Experienced this am I Having a miscarriage? 

2 Answers

Relevance
  • LizB
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Hard to say since bleeding in early pregnancy is not uncommon, nor is cramping, and if you're exactly 6 weeks it could be just a few days too soon to detect a heartbeat. During week 6-7 the difference between seeing no heartbeat and seeing one clear as day can be just a matter of days.

What you should do is follow up with your OBGYN. If you went to the ER then be aware that ER doctors diagnose "threatened miscarriage" A LOT, and all too often are wrong. So unless you're having *severe* pain or bleeding, the ER is not the place for early prenatal care. See an OBGYN as soon as you can.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

Sorry, but yes a miscarriage is a possibility if no sac was visible on the scan.  The pain and bleeding can be scary...but it will subside.  Considering that most women don't even know that they've had an early miscarriage, don't drive yourself nuts trying to figure this out.   Miscarriages happen sometimes for no reason at all...try to just go easy for a few days. Please go and see your gynecologist to check this out in a few days if you are still in pain and bleeding.  Otherwise, follow the instructions given to you at the hospital and get some rest.  

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.