I just installed a rebuilt 4l60e in my ‘97 K1500. It’s making a brushing sound when out into gear and fell out of gear on my first drive?

I put 1qt of Dex 6 in my torque converter, 11 in my trans. I don’t know it feels like my sunshell splines have sheared off but it has brand new internals. Please help me!

Update:

Put**

5 Answers

Relevance
  • ?
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

sunshell splines?

You're way ahead of me.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • bo
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Using the Dex six is ok to use so that's not the problem. Best bet now call the shop who did it and see if you can drop it off while still in the truck for them to listen to it. If it was their problem then it's on them, if it was something you did then see what the next course of action is. If the shell stripped then no reverse so if you have reverse then that's OK

Source(s): Transmission man
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

Dex 6 might not be compatible with your transmission as the viscosity is a bit lower at 100deg C.  Try draining and filling with Dex 3 (hard to find) two times.  Good luck.

• bo
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

the dex 6 is ok no problems using it

• Erik
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

huh?                

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Take it out and back to the place that built it . It should be smooth and no grinding noises at all Especially grinding Have you checked the fluid after running it The converter took more fluid when it was started up .Also is the converter seated properly ,and did you use grease up the shaft before you installed it .Check the flexplate and make sure it's tight .the wire harness isn't damaged .If all that checks out You may need to take it back to the builder or where you bought it from .But check the fluid while running in park and with the motor at normal temp. It may be low since the converter most likely took some more in to level out .and also double check that the converter is installed correctly .seated all the way in.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.