Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Science & MathematicsMedicine · 2 months ago

Does D'mannose work for UTI's?

I keep getting UTIs and it's just annoying now. I'm sick of taking antibiotics as they are destroying my gut bacteria along with the infection. I can't digest food properly after a course of antibiotics. I've read many reviews of D'mannose pills working better than antibiotics an it works for them. D'mannose is just a simple sugar. Anyone tried these? I plan on taking them. 

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

Please do *not* self-treat, especially with a potential bacterial infection.  As the other respondent mentioned, if an UTI is left untreated, it may become worse and may lead to kidney infection and/or even sepsis (blood poisoning).  

If you do currently have an UTI, how about talking with your doctor about taking an antibiotic with a probiotic (and/or yogurt, for instance).

If getting recurrent UTIs, perhaps one can get a referral from his or her family doctor to a board-certified urologist for further evaluation.  Some people with chronic or recurrent bladder issues *might* be having symptoms of interstitial cystitis (IC).

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

Why do you keep getting UTIs? That's an issue that needs to be addressed.

It's best not to screw around with medication yourself. A UTI can eventually affect your kidneys and even become systematic if left untreated in a proper manner.

If you think D'mannose is appropriate, ask your doctor(s) about it. There are things you can take to replace the good bacteria in your system, too.

• 2 months ago

Yes they work. Doctor even recommended them to me one time. It's rare for men to have urine infection. Though he suggested that I try them because I was resistant to these antibiotics I was on. d'mannose worked within 3days for me. No more swollen bladder 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.