Poll: is it important for you to have "alone time"?

40 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

I’ve never had much choice. Very few people have ever understood or particularly liked me. Most people have just taken advantage of me financially and in other ways. So I just refuse to interact anymore. For self protection more or less. I have one friend of 45 years who lives in another state that I went to college with. And he spends most of his time by himself as well. He’s an artist. 

Generally speaking I’ve spent most of my life alone... it seems that way anyway. . And some of those times were amazing. Like the time I went backpacking in about 15 national parks out west by myself for six weeks. One of the most amazing experiences of my life and if there had been anybody there with me I think it would’ve been ruined. I’ve also had some amazing meditations where if there had been another person in the vicinity, it probably wouldn’t have been possible. 

Also did a few sky dives many years ago because nobody wanted to go with me.  Chickened out I guess. So I just went by myself. Yeah there were other people there in the plane with me and I had a jump instructor but still you’re pretty much on your own when you do something like that. And I don’t regret it. It was actually a very spiritual experience.

Sometimes alone time can be a very good thing. When I was married, I didn’t have enough of it. She always wanted to go everywhere that I was going. And then she just dumped me in a no-fault divorce of course eventually. 

So being alone can be a wise thing to do. Maybe it also helps one prepare for the fact that one might die alone. Even though I have a son now how do I know he’s going to be there when I go? So maybe it prepares me for that a little better.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 month ago

Yes, I am anti-social

• 1 month ago

Very important. If I spend too much time in the company of other humans it leaves me drained and stressed out. 

• 1 month ago

Yes. Its important, i can think and imaginate in my brain when i'm alone.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Yeah because i feel like if people don't get alone time they go crazy and im one of those people.

• Matt1 month agoReport

yeh like the guy in brave new world except you're still alive :)

• 1 month ago

Yes. I need time for rest and self-reflection/ growing and basically time to do my own thang. 😎

• 1 month ago

It is. It's also one of the primary reasons why I never married.

• Matt1 month agoReport

bruhhh

• 1 month ago

It's OK to be "selfish" sometimes. You're chasing after your own dreams and creating a path for yourself. You'll need a lot of "me time" to figure it all out. 

• Very. My time to myself is detrimental to everyone's well-being. 

• 1 month ago

Only when my bf is not around.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.