Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureEtiquette · 1 month ago

Unwanted guests in the kitchen?

My dad's friends and he often get together in the appartmen's kitchen where I live. Why they don't go oudoors or in someone else's place? 

When i need to make a dinner usually it is busy and crowded. There's always some smell - either grilled meat or fish that is so unpleasant for a room to smell like that. 

Why they come home if they are unwanted?

12 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

unwanted is harsh , but if you are cooking and like a empty kitchen tell them... they may think they are being company to you --- I agree .. get of my kitchen if I am cooking UNLESS you are helping way 

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 month ago

Have a conversation with your Dad and explain your experience when people hang out in the kitchen.  Ask your Dad to respect communal areas such as the kitchen and when he plays host, to have his guests outdoors or your apartment's living room.

• willy1 month agoReport

Liver lips

• 1 month ago

Presumably they find the kitchen a desirable and welcoming place to gather in. So arrange another room to be just as pleasant for them, and SAY to them - with a smile - "I really, really need you guys out of here. I can't cook properly with you all hanging about. Go and chat in the other room and don't come back in here if you want dinner any time tonight!"

• willy1 month agoReport

Lame- leave advice giving to the pros 

• 1 month ago

Are you making dinner for all these people? All you have to do is tell them nicely that you "need room to swing pans" and won't be able to continue cooking their meal until they go somewhere else besides your kitchen.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Mr. P
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Talk it over with your Dad. Just say it is awkward when you are trying to cook.

A bit of give and take is needed so say it is fine except trying to cook is dificult - could they talk in another room?

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

not much you can do about it if its your dad's house, unless youre over 18 and then you can move out

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

The better question is why are you allowing this to happen?  Tell daddy to find some other place to hang out with his buddies.

• Foofa
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

If this is your place and you pay all the bills just ask these people to leave. If you're living there on someone else's dime this is just how life goes when you're financially dependent on someone else.

• 1 month ago

Who pays the rent?

• 1 month ago

They're not unwanted, they're invited.  Instead of telling us who can't do anything tell your pops.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.