Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Science & MathematicsEngineering · 2 months ago

I was bullied in my Engineering department as a woman.Someone told me that I should leave and work in a brothel because I'm poor and low?

class and Engineering is for the elites only.The upper class kids.I went to the justice.Why this?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago
    Favorite Answer

"Great spirits will always meet with violent opposition from mediocre minds".

Albert Einstein  19??

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 4 weeks ago

Did you go to a mostly white male engineering school?! I bet those people had pretty conservative tendences for them to treat you like that!

• 1 month ago

Remind them that your presence in engineering school was not their choice to make, and not their choice to dismiss you. Also remind them that their career advice is of no interest to you. Study hard and do better in school than the naysayers. They arent that smart. 

• 2 months ago

Which company, or at least, which country?

• ...Show all comments
    • roderick_young
      Lv 7
      2 months agoReport

Can't help you, then.  I don't know Greek culture.  We wouldn't stand for that at my workplace in California.  About 40% of our engineers were women.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

Who cares??  There are people everywhere, all types of people from every background/gender/race/nationality/socioeconomic group...etc, who have s****y attitudes, many who don't.

Why would you let other people's nonsense affect you and your goals in any way??  When people say nonsense like you have described, remind yourself that that is their s*** which has NOTHING to do with your reality and let their words roll off of you like water off a duck's back.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Do the opposite, prove them wrong. Women in a male dominated profession have to show determination, to overcome male chauvinism. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.