Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Science & MathematicsMedicine · 1 month ago

I am getting a spinal fusion soon and I smoke but I only smoke 1 to 3 cigarettes a day. Will this have that much ill effects on me??

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Jim
    Lv 7
    1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

That little will have little effect. But it is better to not smoke.

I once had complications and they said if I had smoked I would have died, true story.

btw, I would talk to them about a flexible disk. It's easier for them to 'fuse', but it's better for the rest of your back if the disk has movement...

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Paul
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

Obviously less effect than smoking more than that. However, ingesting any toxic substance on a regular basis is eventually going to cause harm. Smoking 1,095 cigarettes a year (3 per day) will, on the average, cause fewer health problems than smoking 3,650 a year (10 per day), but it's still a lot of toxic material.

• 1 month ago

It could make the anaesthetic more dangerous. Stop smoking so your lungs are clear. People can smell it on your breath so you will not fool them. They need to make sure it is safe to put you under anaesthetic. Also do not eat or drink anything for ten hours before. 

• 1 month ago

Stop smoking. You're damaging the body God gave you.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

i would hope not, ask your doctor about it, and maybe you should quit smoking before you get cancer

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.