I'm looking for a beltless vacuum cleaner? ?

My mother has had to replace the vacuum belt three times in the last month, and she's losing her mind. I wanna see if I can find her a vacuum that doesn't need a belt, a direct drive vacuum, but the only one I can find was released back in 2014 and doesn't have parts made for it anymore.

Are there any other vacuums that don't need belts?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

Probably best going for a canister vacuum. Belts don't break on their own and canister vacs are usually difficult to break.

Source(s): Manager at Walgreens
    • Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 month ago

Instead try to find a shirtless vacuum, I heard they work better

• F
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

The belts are sometimes quite hard to change , you could do with 3 hands. I had mine serviced once and the guy had a special tool to do it. 

• 1 month ago

Used to be a brand called the Rainbow Vacuum. It used a small tank of water instead of a filter ... just dump the water, rinse the container, refill with fresh, and you're good to go. Don't think they had any belts at all. [models with a carpet beater used electricity to power that]

• Snezzy
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

We have a Rainbow. It is amazingly good. 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

The Kenmore Elite is beltless, as are most Dysons. They are pricey. But you need to find out why the belts keep breaking, too. It's not normal wear and tear. There may be something wrapped around the brush roller that is preventing it from turning--and that's such an easy fix it's ridiculous. (Just remove whatever it is!) 

• Droopy
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

If your vacuuming carpet its gonna need one with belt.  If your replacing the belt that often then ether your doing something wrong or theres something wrong with the vacuum.  The belt is a safety feature there lot cheaper that a direct drive which would burn up the motor or gears.

• 1 month ago

Maybe Momma needs some vacuuming lessons? Too many people don't pick up the house before they start vacuuming and are constantly running over stuff that doesn't belong on the floor. That being said, there's a vacuum that is referred to as an "electric broom". No rotating brush, no belt, just a long round tube with a motor in it and it sucks the stuff up into the bag. Sort of like a canister vacuum but shaped like an upright, no wheels, no brush, no belt so it's harder to handle.

• Anton
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

FYI, the belt is for the brush/beater. 

When you jam the brush/beater is it a lot easier and cheaper to replace a belt than gears.

• Tavy
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

I have a GTech, but I'm in the U.K. it runs on a battery.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

WRONG FORUM. This is the Cars & Transportation Maintenance & Repair forum. You want the Home & Garden Maintenance & Repair forum instead. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.