Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 1 month ago

Saw My Dad In His Underwear...Help?

Hi. The other day I was helping my dad since we had a leak in our ceiling. I was in the doorway of his bedroom and he literally changed his pants right in front of me...like a couple of inches away from where I was standing in the door. I feel really uncomfortable about this encounter. He had underwear on and we didn't touch or anything, but why couldn't have he just changed in his closet in the other room? What are your thoughts about this? Am I overreacting? Like I had said, he was in his underwear and I was fully clothed. Also, am I ok? I have never been so close to a man like that before. I won't get pregnant or anything, right? We didn't do anything sexual, but he was just changing pretty close to me.  

29 Answers

Relevance
  • Alan H
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

He was adequately clothed.

No harm done or intended 

Put it behind you

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 month ago

OK, 2 people in same family (dad and child).  No touching, I presume no other person seeing this.  

Q: why are you concerned?  

Going swimming with my dad at the public pool (MANY years ago), I often saw him in his swim trunks - in public.  Just as much skin showing.  

If it bothers you, tell him about it.  

• L
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

You are over reacting!  GROW UP BUTTER CUP.

• 1 month ago

You are over reacting.  You are also not normal.  But it's more likely you are trolling.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Yes, you are pregnant.

• 1 month ago

I see my dad in his not so tidy whites all the time, My mom changes I front of me or leaves the door wide open so people can see her sagging boobs. It just the way you raised some parent is completely comfortable with their bodies and doesn't care if their kids see them In their underwear. 

You won't get pregnant, but maybe you could talk with your parents, you clearly have no clue about sex and different types of bodies. You could just have a crush on your dad, all kids do at on point which could cause your uncomfortablemess. 

• 1 month ago

You will not get pregnant, he was just changing, if you are uncomfortable then you can choose to not stand in his doorway... you can turn around, you can leave the door... lots of choices here. My thoughts are you are completely overreacting to this one incident; now, if there have been many incidents or he regularly goes out of his way to change in front of you, makes comments, etc or wants you to change in front of him then that would be a problem. But, I mean, chill. My dad once forgot his clothes when he went to the shower at a campground and came back to our family yurt buck naked in a just a poncho because he hadn't wanted to put his dirty clothes back on... dads are clueless sometimes.

• car253
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

You were lucky that is all you saw.  My dad was always naked at home.  And, we just got used to it.  No big deal.   Nothing sexual or wrong with it.   There are plenty of nudist out there. 

• r
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

No, you have to have sex to get pregnant, he should not of changed, in front of you, your not a boy. Tell him about it, or your mom, to talk to him

• 1 month ago

I have two daughters (in their 20’s now) and that’s not something I would go out of my way to do but that type of thing happens in families.  My kids think nothing of running into the bathroom if me or their mother is showering and they need something right away, they just advert their eyes.

I think you’re making a big deal out of nothing.  

Source(s): Married 30 years, father to two daughters.
    • Dr. Stephanie
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

yes indeed. but the asker may either be a troll, as suggested, or a child. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.