Boy
Lv 4
Boy asked in Home & GardenMaintenance & Repairs · 1 month ago

Why does my grandparents like it 80 to 89 degrees in the house?

My grandparents loves it 80 to 89 degrees in the house. If I turn on the ac they get mad and say ‘this is too cold!’ I say I just turned it to 74 degrees.

I ended up putting a window ac in my bedroom so I could have my room at a comfortable 72 degrees.

My house is usually humid 80 to 89 degrees and my grandparents are content in that temperature.

I cannot understand why they feel comfortable in that temperature ?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

As you get older, you tend to develop cardiovascular issues, which make you feel cold more easily.   They are comfortable at warmer temps

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • F
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

In the UK hardly anyone has a/c but my parents have  the heating on about 360 days a year.

• Boy
      Lv 4
      1 month agoReport

You all have witches house, their cone steeples keep the heat away from the bottom where you and your fellow witch friends stay 

• 1 month ago

I like it in the 80s myself. It has to hit the 90s before I'll turn a fan on.

• Droopy
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

Lots of older people blood is thin an there on blood thinners.  And get cold easily.   

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Just what they like.  Not sure why it's something to question.

What I do question is the hypocrisy of the younger generation who screams and yells about global warming but then waists power and resources by making sure they are a 'comfortable 72 degrees'.  Don't be so picky.  You will adapt.  You will do more for the world by living in a 76 or 78 degree house than you do by banning straws and plastic bags.

• 1 month ago

loss of body heat due to thinning of the epidermis.

• cool
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

they grew up in a time when AC was rare

• 1 month ago

The colder you get the older you smell

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.