Anonymous
Anonymous asked in EnvironmentGlobal Warming · 2 months ago

I have never read a book above 4th grade in my life.  Is that odd?

Never had an interest.  There are summaries on the internet everywhere.  I got As and Bs in school.  I'm 19 and have still never read a book about 4th grade.

12 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago
    Favorite Answer

You're way beyond Dirac the troll.

• Cowboy
      Lv 6
      1 month agoReport

LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      republicans are douche bags

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 2 months ago

It's not so much 'odd' as very sad.

But it's up to you if you want to  miss out on one of life's greatest legal pleasures.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

I admit it's kinda strange but I won't judge you.  I don't think there are any laws that will force you to read books geared more toward adults but I doubt you will completely get away with cracking open a more mature book once in a while.  Just shop around until you find a novel for adult readers that you really enjoy.  Visit your local book store and ask for some good recommendations.  Or watch a movie adaption of a popular novel to get you inspired.  I enjoyed the movie Life of Pi, for example, but ended up liking the book a lot more.  A lot of grown-ups like comic books/graphic novels and they are written with a mature vocabulary with often stunning visuals so maybe you can start from there to make the experience come more alive for you.

• j153e
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Perfectly alright.  What's important is your ability to earn a living.

If you like 4th grade reading level books, these are some you might enjoy, even as a 19 teeher:

Alcatraz versus the Evil Librarians;

Flatland;

A Wrinkle in Time;

The Once and Future King;

The Sword in the Stone;

The Little White Horse;

The Neverending Story;

Momo;

The Wind in the Willows;

Where the Red Fern Grows;

Watership Down.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

I feel sorry for you, how do you think you can function in the adult world when reading plays such a huge roll in education and the job fields?

• Whatever
      Lv 7
      2 months agoReport

*ahem* Role.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Not odd for an American!

• 2 months ago

It's an acceptable choice, just not one I'd make. You're missing out on the richest version of storytelling there is, with way more depth than movies or TV.

A scene that takes fifteen seconds on the screen might be six pages long in a book. The reader knows more than what the characters do and say. They know why, what they're thinking, what went into the decision to act as they do, what they hope for, what they're scared might happen, all of that.

But lots of people aren't readers, and that's their right. I just hate knowing that you'll never experience the joy of a really wonderful book that speaks to you so strongly you read slower the farther in you get, reluctant to have it end.

• 2 months ago

Well, I won't lie, it is a bit odd.

Lots of people are not very interested in reading, and do not go out of their way to read books. Nothing unusual about that... but, assuming that you intend to complete secondary school, it would definitely be odd to have never read a book since the 4th grade.

I don't see how you could complete the final year of secondary college without reading a book that was more sophisticated than a 4th grade text.

Books aren't that bad, you know. I have voluntarily read books, and liked them. It's worth doing. I would encourage you to do that. Really, no joke, there is fun to be had in reading a good book. C'mon, it won't kill you to give it a try. Visit a library, and pick out something that you think you would like.

• 2 months ago

I guess you'd just have to google esoteric words then, huh.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

I was in 4th grade in 1996-1997.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.