Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 2 months ago

Anyone else hate cooking with fresh bell peppers because of all of the seeds you have to pick out the pepper. I would rather just buy frozen?

23 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

If you like them frozen so be it. I happen to love the fresher taste of unfrozen peppers. That's just me--whatever YOU like is fine. 

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • denise
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Frozen ones are ideal for adding to stir fries, casseroles, pasta dishes e.t.c.

But I don't mind preparing a fresh one for a salad or my pepper & goats cheese quiche.

• 1 month ago

No. I find cleaning out a capsicum (bell pepper) is incredibly straightforward and simple.

• Mark
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

That's nice, but "seeding and removing the membranes" is VERY fast and simple, you just cut a pepper oven, and pull out the membranes.  The seeds unusual come along, and for the seed that stay, if you fill the hollow pepper out with water, rub your hands around a bit inside, the remaining seeds will come out.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • kswck2
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Frozen peppers are just nasty and soggy. It takes about 15 seconds to remove the seeds in peppers.

• 1 month ago

Sorry, I'm not in your camp. I cut off the top and bottom, and slit the side so it can lay flat. I use a chef's knife to remove the pith and seeds so I have a length of bell pepper. The top gets it's seeds and pith removed and sliced, and the bottom is cut to match the main pepper. Often I cut strips of pepper from the body, but sometimes cut them in half to make smaller pieces. Not a lot of hassel, and adds great flavor.

• 2 months ago

You must be cutting them wrong if you keep having to pick a lot of seeds out. Google 'how to cut a bell pepper'.

• 2 months ago

i would just buy frozen if you hate that

• 2 months ago

I simply cut out the stem and most of the seeds come out with it. Then I slice the pepper in half and what few seeds remain are easily flushed out in seconds under the tap, in cold water. Takes less than a minute.

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

just buy it frozen then

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.