Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentOther - Politics & Government · 2 months ago

True or false: Conservatives in the West generally side with India, and liberals generally support Pakistan?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

For the most part, yes, I think that's a true statement. And there's a reason to it. There's a growing Muslim population in the USA and liberals want to win their votes, so they praise Muslims in every way possible including taking it to the extreme like defending them for what they did during 9-11. Conservatives on the other hand tend to be very Christian and have a bad history with Muslims, so they side with Indians because they don't view Hindus as a threat.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

i'd say false as indviduals tend to side with emotion either way

• humpty
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

False. Almost all the liberals I know who are aware of India/Pakistan issues are pro India as far as the Kashmir conflict goes, and most are indifferent to Modi's anti Muslim rhetoric.

• 2 months ago

Because liberals can marry 8-12 year olds and birth many radicals & terrorist 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

Liberals today are kind of screwed up . They support China , Iran , the Palestinians over Israel and anybody who wants to walk into our country . Thank God for Trump .

• 2 months ago

About two-thirds of Americans have a negative attitude toward Pakistan. I can't find anything that shows a left-right split. If we had to pick one or the other, I personally would rather we support India, but we should also do what we can to reduce tensions between those two countries.

• 2 months ago

Liberals love Islam.

• 2 months ago

As a westerner, I tend to not take sides in this conflict. I feel I don't know enough about it to take a side. I just pray one day you will find peace and live as brothers and sisters.

• Bent
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

I like India better. I never understood why we supported Pakistan when they tolerated radical imams that preached hate against the west.

• 2 months ago

Generally correct .

• Nicetus2 months agoReport

It actually is, even Reddit hates India and Modi like crazy...

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.