Does anyone remember the waltons tv series ?

I used to love it and watched it  on Sunday afternoons with my parents long ago now, iam from the uk but the waltons always made me want to live in the states in that period.

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Faithe
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

Until the last year or so when writers got desperate, the writing on this show was amazing.  Loved the development of John-boy's and Jason's characters, Grandpa, the relationship between John and Liv.

I'm not sure it's a place or time period that you're yearning for, so much as a sense of loving family life.  What the show was partially demonstrating was that you could live through an AWFUL period of time but have a full. meaningful, happy life if there is love and purpose in it.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 2 months ago

I remember that. I went to school near where it took place.

• 2 months ago

It was in way before my time as far as new episodes, but I know what it is because I watch ME TV :) 

• EddieJ
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

I was in college when it started its first run.  I started watching it by accident.  I walked into the TV room at the dorm and it was on.  I hadn't heard anything about it in advance.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Yes I do.  Night John Boy!

• Kev
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

Not really, I always preferred, Little House On The Prairie

• Olive
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Yea one my favorite tv shows, have the first 3 seasons on dvd

• Mandy
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

I watch it in the afternoons when I don’t have to work.  I love me some John Boy.

• 2 months ago

Yes I do. Though you don't want to live there and at that time, a small cut was a death sentence.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.