Anonymous

My boss has just told us some new expectations...is this reasonable?

So I work in sales, and obviously, due to the current situation going on, we've been working remotely. My boss called me and told me that his new expectation for me is to make 150 phone calls a day...now normally, I'd say that would certainly keep me busy for a good part of the day, but then he clarified by saying I need to have 150 *conversations*, meaning that if no one picks up, it does not count as a phone call. I've been having a hard time with it and haven't really come close...is this a normal part of the job? In fairness, I have only been working in sales for a few years and had not needed to do as much telemarketing in the past, so this is a whole new territory for me.

Update:

We do not have automated calling or anything like that; we have to look up and dial each number manually.

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Eva
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

That's approximately 20 "conversations" an hour. That seems nearly impossible, especially with so many places currently closed. When you do get someone on the phone, how long is your typical call? It would seem that the number of sales you make would be more important than the number of calls.

• Tavy
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

It's no way reasonable. If your calls are not recorded you can make up the conversations.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

I've never worked in cold-call sales before so have no clue what a customary number of calls a day would be.

What percent of calls are actually answered?   I'd be surprised if it were more than 25%.    That means you have to make 600 calls to have your 150 conversations.

There are 480 minutes in an eight hour day.   600 calls in 480 minutes including 150 conversations sounds impossible to me.

Your job sounds like living hell, mate. 

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Barry
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

Start looking for a change of job. This guy is a slave driver.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.