promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 2 months ago

How do some people get so wealthy? ?

I just dont understand how some adults are able to afford more things than others when they both work long hours. Like for example:  My dad vs my sisters husband.  My sister and her husband have a 4 bedroom two storey house near the coastline with a distant view of the ocean. They have 3 cars, one for natural errand running. plus two cool Comaros, one black, one silver.  On top of that they go on family vacations like disney land, and expensive hotels. They go eat at restaurants like every week. They technically living the dream. As for my dad he works at industrial tool shop nearly 8 hours a day 6 days a week. But him and my mother can only afford living in a trailer park  with one car. My parents are mostly broke after paying the mortgage and the car insurance. But yet how does my sister and her husband afford to live the paradise when people like my dad work just as hard and long hours. Is it just luck? 

19 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

Some people live above their ability to pay for what they buy or own--and it WILL catch up with them.

But generally, people do not get wealthy by working "long hours."  You can work 80 hours a week at a low-salary job and never get wealthy. Or you can work 10 hours a week at a job that pays more and STILL not be wealthy. Wealth is not built by the number of hours you work it's built by good financial sense and management. 

When you compare yourself to everyone else, you are going to surely be unhappy. There are always going to be people who look like they're in better shape that you are financially--and those that look to be in bad shape. If you want wealth, learn about how to manage your money to increase your assets, not decrease them by buying things. 

Luck has absolutely NOTHING to do with it. EVER.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

I'm 55 and I still can't make sense of how the odds even out.  For some ppl it's the profession you chose but you could go into business for yourself and make more money vs getting a job.  Some ppl have more expenses like children and college.  You can go all the way or not very far in life but I think there's a lot to be said about working with diligence and honor.  A lot of ppl are money driven and focus their all on making the almighty dollar rather than The Almighty God.  Good Luck in life and God Bless you.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Not everyone has the same desire, life style, and education.

Currently I am living in a house, but eventually I will be living outside on water. I don't know if you can imagine land being flooded. Well that's something that I seen before, and I certainly don't want to lose my home once I buy it, or see it get severely damaged.

I have not decided yet exactly what I want to buy, so I am still looking at my options. Depending on what I buy then I might be able to travel around the world. I am not wealthy, but maybe that could change. My desires, life style, and education is different than your families, and yourself too.

• Pearl
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

maybe they inherited money

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

Lots of rich people get that way, not because they are all that smart, but because they MANIFEST their destiny in their minds. It's an incredible thing. Trump is a big dumbassBut he has money. Just listen to him speak - he speaks like he is a total moron. But he's rich.

• glcang
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

It has everything to do with abundant thinking vs lack full thinking

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Well, whole books have been written on this topic, but there are all sorts of factors that kick in.  Luck isn't one of them.  The biggest is probably positioning yourself to have the nice things you want.  We all know the playing field isn't level here, because someone whose parents pay for college has it a lot easier than someone brought up in poverty.  But it's still doable for every adult in this country.   Another big factor is whether someone even wants that big house by the ocean.  Tiny houses have become very popular lately, for example, and these are people CHOOSING to live in a 200 sf home.  Lots of people aren't driven by the urge to compete with others for material goods. 

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Gambling and selling drugs.

• glcang
      Lv 7
      2 months agoReport

Idiot

• Bryan
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Its not how hard a person works, its what they do to earn the money. Generally, in demand skills such as plumbing make much more per hour than someone who digs ditches by hand.

Also, some people inherit wealth directly or receive gifts from wealthy parents such as college educations, homes, trust funds etc. Hard work is important, but what a person works at is probably more important than that.

• Matt
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

What job does your sister’s husband have? Does he have his own business? Does he come from a wealthy family? Did he inherit a load of money from a rich relative who died? Did he win the lottery or invest in a stock that went through the roof? Or does he deal drugs or is he involved in some other form of illegal activity? Perhaps he’s in a mountain of debt? Maybe he just manages his money really well and is good at saving up for things? 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.