promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Ray
Lv 6

Ladies; would you leave your man if he did this?

you've been with him for 5 years, bought a house with him, traveled around the world with him, you are compatible. However, 5 years and he has not proposed to you for marriage. Would you leave him? You've asked him what's taking so long, but he just says he will but doesn't specify when.

3 Answers

Relevance
  • 🦋
    Lv 5
    2 months ago
    Favorite Answer

i would tell him if we arent married in another year im out

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Helen
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Marriage doesn't interest me, so nope.

• Ana
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

No I wouldn’t leave bcuz he’s shown he’s financially, romantically, and socially invested and committed to you.

You need to understand that marriage has changed bcuz the laws of marriage have changed to strongly benefit women and strongly harm men, EVEN IF THE MAN IS THE GOOD GUY. A woman can cheat, decide to leave on a whim, and take 50% of her husband’s assets. As a woman, I understand why men are hesitant about marriage. My husband married me, but we also did a prenup etc. 

I think the lack of marriage is just his way of saying “I love you, but I’m not foolish. I understand a lot of women who get married suddenly want to divorce their man and take 50% of his assets. I love you but I want to protect myself. If you stay with me, I’ll stay with you.”

So I think if you love him and don’t plan to leave him or cheat on him, then you have NOOOTHINGGGG to worry about. However if you secretly plan to cheat on him, cuckold him, or divorce him and take half his money, then I can see why the lack of marriage would be inconvenient to you.

You can always ask him to get a “religious marriage” that is not LEGAL or OFFICIAL, but is just within the church, that way he’s still legally/financially protected but you guys can say you’re married.

Lastly if you insist on a legal regular marriage... OFFER HIM THAT YOULL SIGN A PRENUP. Tell him that you will prove you don’t want his money by signing it. Just say you feel like you’re not being loved or committed to without it. Tell him you want love, kids and a family- not just sex and vacations only. HOWEVER TELL HIM YOU CAN WAIT TO HAVE KIDS UNTIL HE WANTS THEM. Say no rush, we can vacation many years first

But if you’re just tryna be sneaky and cheat or dump him and take half his money, then ughhh

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.