promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Kevin asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 2 months ago

Why is white people food so bland?

I love to cook and I usually make one new recipe per week which I find on Google. Any "white people food" review I find are very very bland. I just made soup which only used broth, salt and pepper with 1/2 tsp of garlic. That's ridiculous. I added thyme, bay leaf, way more garlic, paprika, oregano and basil. I'm on a cooking food group and most people will only season with salt and pepper. Do you guys not like flavour?

43 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

What a stupid idiot you must be. What does race have to do with food? 

• 2 months ago

food is food. It depends on who cooking. it does not matter

what color you are. if you can't cook, you can't cook.

• While that is true, certain groups of people tend to cook a bit different. It really has to do with culture. Just like Mexican food is spicy, etc.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 2 months ago

You’re eating the wrong food. Cajun food and most New Orleans cuisine is “white” people. You listed seasonings that are Italian which are “white” people. A lot of southern food is both white, Native American, and black cultures mixed. 

• Jerry
      Lv 7
      2 months agoReport

Not on food, but not that long ago many peoples from eastern Europe or the Mediterranean, including Italy, were consider to be NOT while by the white folks. As in "dagos and other coloreds." Super pale Irish were regarded as "among the inferior races" rather than "regular white guys." As in NINA. 

• 2 months ago

I grew up on that stuff. Heated canned green beans were a veggie, pork products were fried to dense impenetrable masses to avoid worms, and the condiment and seasoning range was salt, pepper, mustard and ketchup. This was rural Oklahoma in the 1940 - 1950 decade. I've since learned better, and now have a collection of recipes that reflect places I have visited and lived. I sure missed out on a lot of flavor in my youth.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

I would rather an old black grandma cook food; they are the best cooks I have ever known.

• 2 months ago

well...why would you make the soup?  You knew by looking at the recipe that there was barely any flavor to it.

I think you better find another place to get your recipes. 

And might be time to find another cooking group. 

• John
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Nah, you gotta Google White FOLK food if you want the stuff.

• Burgoo
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

sort of racist to assume all white people food is bland, also assumes it is all the same.  try to set aside your prejudices before commenting on the matter.

• 2 months ago

I mean, you can blame biology, genetics, and origins if you want. That's true enough. White people are mostly from western/northern Europe, where it's cold, damp, and nothing grows there. Nothing spicy. It wasn't until Medieval times that salt came, and that was STILL very expensive. Pepper came later. Herbs and spices were pretty expensive for the average-Joe, and honestly, mostly used medicinally, not to eat. The food was plentiful, hearty, stick to your ribs. They ate to be full and warm against the cold and damp, not to have flavor. Eating was necessary, not to be enjoyed. That's just the way it was and it's a hard habit to break after only being exposed to good, flavorful food only in the last what, 130 years? Flavor was for the rich.

In the midwest, it's still very much like this. Many midwestern settlers have Germanic roots. They used what they had, brought that over to America, and the cooking hasn't changed much. Meat, cheese, potatoes. The end.

Now, not ALL white people eat like this. The French are pioneers of cooking, for crying out loud. But you have to really step away and look back at what white people were handed, the regions they came from, etc. They didn't have sun to grow flavorful ingredients. They didn't have money to buy them. They didn't have chili peppers, tart tropical fruits, turmeric roots, or cinnamon bark anywhere in the region. Just look at Russian cooking; nothing but tough root veggies, bitter rye bread, strong, earthy alcohol. This is why the food is so bland. Palates are evolving though, slowly but surely. But that can take another couple hundred years. It's 2020; many people were still eating bland food well into the 1950's. It will take more time. 

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

you would be surprised how much unique foods were invented by 'boring' white people

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.