promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 2 months ago

Did i do anything wrong?

I had an abusive family who ruined my childhood.

I got a call from my sister last year and that my father passed away and i must come to his funeral and i just told her i dont care and I'm not interested.

And i never went which led to my family members hating me more and calling me a bad son.

4 Answers

Relevance
  • Pearl
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

i wouldve just gone so they wouldnt be hating you now

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 2 months ago

No one can answer your question without knowing more about the type of abuse that you suffered

• 2 months ago

who cares, u didnt go, ur choice. who cares if they hate u, ur not active in their lives anyway.

I hate when people act like we should instantly pretend to be a family cause someone died.

• 2 months ago

You had a good reason not to go. I don't see anything wrong with that. If they call you a bad son to your father - so what? He wasn't a good father to you. If they are saying this because your mother is upset about losing him (she must have cared for him) then perhaps the 'bad son' name-calling is because of your mother who may have wanted you to share her sorrow. I suppose it depends on how you view your mother. If you feel the same as you do about your father.....no problem. You have discarded your family more or less - so no change. If you care for your mother, write to her expressing your sadness that she is upset at the loss of her husband - but tell her you did not want to be a hypocrite by paying respects to a man you had no respect for because of abuse during your childhood years. We all make our own decisions in life and others just have to accept it.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.