promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 2 months ago

Is it bad to work out for other people?

My friend told me I should do butt workouts and I was like why? and she said because guys like that, I was kinda in shock because I don't wanna work out just for other people's satisfaction.

I kinda went off at her saying that It was my body and I accept myself for who I am and how I look. I am pretty slim and I do intense workouts all the time, my *** isn't even flat yet shes telling me this. I said I didn't want to work out for other people.

After I told her all this she kinda got offended. I sorta feel bad. Do u think she was trying to help me or do u think she was telling me to work out for other people? 

6 Answers

Relevance
  • keerok
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

You're working out for yourself. She's doing it for others. She gave her point of view, you gave yours. No problem. You still are friends. Just continue working out together. After tomorrow's session, treat her with some ice cream. Tell her it's good for your tummy and better for her butt, then laugh it off!

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

It's not 'bad' but it's not a healthy way to approach exercise from a mental standpoint. When you do ANYTHING solely to please (or try to please) someone else, you're almost always going to be dissatisfied yourself. 

Not to mention, if you just look around you, there are TONS of guys dating or married to girls/women who clearly don't do butt workouts. There is no specific activity or specific look any woman (or man) needs to have, in order to attract a partner. Everyone has different preferences. Your friend may have thought she was giving you good advice, but she wasn't. Let her know you appreciate her concern, but there is no one on the planet who is worth changing for, except yourself (that goes for everyone). 

• 2 months ago

I think she's messed up in the head, but she didn't mean any harm toward you. You're right.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

If you don't do it for yourself you will probably give up as it's not what you want. I'm trying to firm up and lose weight to get a boyfriend/feel attractive to find love - but I want to look better for me and my health firstly - it's not only to attract a man

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

Yes. It is because there are other people who are much better than you at it.

Ive seen so many people who lift weights.

I can do up to 8 maybe 10 reps, it is hard.

I make it difficult. With only a 20 lb dumbell.

• Matt
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

You can workout for whoever you want. Some people do it because they want to impress others, some people do it because they want to be healthy and feel better about themselves. Different people get their motivation from different sources. There are no right or wrong answers.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.