promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 2 months ago

What does a citation of evidence of registration mean? ?

Was told my daughter was arrested. Had a bench warrant for this. What does it mean? 

3 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

Sounds like she didn’t have proof of registration when she got pulled over. She probably told the cop that it was registered but she didn’t have it in the vehicle for some reason. He issued her a citation in which I’m sure he explained to her to be sure and bring it before the judge and he’d probably dismiss it. She failed to do that (which is  irresponsible) and a bench warrant was probably issued for her arrest. 

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 2 months ago

It appears to mean she was unable to show a cop the vehicle's registration which legally must be in the vehicle. That most likely happened after she had been pulled over and asked for license and registration.

• 2 months ago

Sounds like the vehicle registration (sometimes called the registration certificate) which is required to be in the vehicle to show that the vehicle is properly registered with the state department of motor vehicles (or whatever it's called where you live) was not in the vehicle. Just bring the registration certificate to court to show the judge that the vehicle is properly registered with the state department of motor vehicles (or whatever it's called where you live). (I love these complex legal questions.)

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.