promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Matthew asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 2 months ago

Under-eating/ hard to breathe?

Can not eating enough make me have shortness of breathe? I feel like it sounds like it shouldn’t be the case but I haven’t been hungry lately for a couple weeks and I’m still eating just not as much, but I’ll notice a few hours after I eat or after I wake up when my stomach feels empty again I feel like my heart is gonna pound right out of my chest and like I can’t get enough air in when I inhale and then it goes away again when I eat again. Is there any connection or am I just nuts?

2 Answers

Relevance
    Lv 7
    2 months ago
    Favorite Answer

If you are seriously underweight and have been under eating for a while, it's possible it could affect your heart, and thus cause shortness of breath. When you don't provide your body the nutrition it needs to keep you alive and do all the processes it needs to do, you will feel repercussions. Your body can't survive indefinitely if it's not getting enough calories and if those calories don't contain the nutrients your body needs to not only keep your heart, lungs, digestion, breathing, etc going but to also keep your brain going, replace dead cells, fight off disease, and more. .

As the other respondent mentioned, you need to see a doctor. We can't diagnose you and cannot tell you if what you are experiencing is directly related to your under-eating or not. If you don't have a doctor, go to a clinic or make an appointment with one. You're playing Russian roulette with your health (not to mention, shortness of breath is one of the symptoms of COVID-19). 

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

Talk to your doctor.

• Matthew2 months agoReport

I don’t have one... 

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.