promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Steven
Lv 4
Steven asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 2 months ago

Can I frezze soup, if the meat was already frozen before cooking?

Its a liver and onions soup ( blended up leftover liver) it's completely smooth so there's no lumps off meat , promlum is the liver was frozen before cooking. Will it be safe to refreeze? 

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Your soup is fine to freeze. 

I would portion it into what you would normally serve 2 people, 4 people or whatever your family is.  That way you will not have leftovers that you would have to save again or toss out. 

(are you going to make dumplings to go with the soup? have not had that in years! my husband loved it)

• Steven
      Lv 4
      2 months agoReport

Probs not... And the soup it's self is just a "base" I might make some pasta or rice to go with it and use it as a "sauce" .. thanks for the answrr you seem to know my understanding about the food ease.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 2 months ago

Of course you can refreeze it, but why in heaven's name would you want to eat it again. I like smothered liver and onions as much as anyone could, but cream of liver soup? I kind of hope you are a troll and are not eating that kind of stuff.

• Steven
      Lv 4
      2 months agoReport

Not trolling it's just I been eating liver for approx 3 days now and I don't really wanna waste any food esp during lock down... Yes liver soup sounds vile but for me it's a meal

• denise
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Yes, that's fine, once its been cooked it can be frozen again.

• 2 months ago

Yes, you can freeze it.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Mr. P
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Yes, but freeze in portions that you will use in one sitting - don't save it again after you've reheated it.

• 2 months ago

It's fine to refreeze.

• Janet
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Yes you can freeze the soup. But not all soups freeze well. Soups with cream/milk in them do not freeze well. Spinach in soup will freeze, but turns slimy when you thaw it out (use kale instead).

• 2 months ago

YES it will be safe to freeze.

• 2 months ago

No problems at all.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.