promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureEtiquette · 2 months ago

How can I politely tell my husband that I prefer my culture?

I been married to husband for four months now.

He is America by birth while I am from France but of Nigerian descent.

My husband is very not ok with my cultural way. I tell him it ok to be different than someone.

He tell me no this America you live like us. But why? Why not exipnce a new thing for life?

I live like him be America to the fullest but he n

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago
    Favorite Answer

I f you do not want to become an American why the hell did you marry an American?... if you do not want to assimilate and become a citizen.... then GET THE HELL OUT !

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 2 months ago

Another totally fake 'I don't speak English' post. You don't fool someone who's taught hundreds of foreigners to speak and write English. They simply don't make the mistakes you think they do.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Apparently there are certain things you do or don't do, that really clash with the way things are done in America.  My advice would be to ask him to instruct you about major things you do "wrong".  It might be cleaning, shopping, talking with other people, having trouble with English – or many other issues.

Otherwise, I'm sure there are good reasons why he was attracted to you in the first place.  Do you know how to cook the French way?  Do you have the style sense the French are famous for?  I lived in France for almost a year (many years ago, it's true) but I can't imagine it's too different from the USA.

I think that if you make a genuine effort to learn the American customs that are particularly important to him, rather than getting upset about every issue, he'll become more patient.

• Mack
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

Anonymous posters are trolls

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

Troll..

Reported.

Try harder next time troll.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.