promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 2 months ago

What's the purpose of my existence?

I'm 51 with no family. Meaning no wife, no children. My only sibling has passed away. One parent that doesn't care and the other in a nursing home.

I lost my job and sit here at home day after day with nothing to do. Even without this virus epidemic I couldn't afford to.

5 Answers

Relevance
  • Pearl
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

you need to ask god this question

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 2 months ago

God gave us life. Genesis 1:27 “And God went on to create the man in his image, in God’s image he created him; male and female he created them. “ Pray, it will get better.

• 2 months ago

Hey! I believe everyone is born with a purpose in life. Even though you cannot find the purpose now, I believe you will find it as long as you don't give up and be positive. I understand losing your job is painful, but think of it this way. Now that you have ample of time, use the time to pick up new skills or even pick up a new hobby. Use the time to spend it with your parents as well (I believe your parents still care, but perhaps they don't express it in a way that is visible to you).

I chanced upon this quote and would like to tell you "Be strong because things will get better. It may be stormy now, but it never rains forever"

• 2 months ago

How about volunteering to help people who need it? Call up the parent who you claim doesn't care (why not?) - and the other one. Any anyone else you know who would appreciate a call from someone who cares how they are.

To be liked, generally, it helps to be more interestED than interestING. Listening is good for making friends: ask people questions about themselves and their opinions and listen to them without interruption, except for little comments that demonstrate that you're REALLY listening. It shows you are taking them seriously, as in respect and acceptance. Don't sit there thinking about what you will say, because that shows more interest in yourself than them. Little pauses demonstrate that you are thinking about what they have said anyway. You can ask them how they felt about what they have just told you, or other specific questions to show you have been listening and taking them seriously. Be open minded and try not to disagree with people. For example, if they like a band you hate, ask what it is they like about them, best track, etc. (avoid the word, “why” as it can sound challenging). You can always say you don't listen to them much but you will now or something. Asking for advice is also good. Genuinely, of course, & don't overdo it. Ditto information – we feel pleased to tell someone something interesting they did not know, such as what’s on in town, latest sports score, etc., so by showing interest in their opinion, knowledge, etc. you’ll get some good feelings from them. Smiling is a good sign of acceptance. A lot of eye contact can also be good. Remember, if you want to have a friend, you have to BE a friend, and the best way to impress someone is to be impressed by them! One thing you can do is always to ensure you have a straight back: sit, stand and walk tall (hips forward) and take reasonably long, confident strides when you walk: this has the “reverse psychology” effect of helping us to feel more confident. Once we have self respect and a sense of self worth, we tend to find that other people respect us more too.

Good Luck!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

now everyone feels down, money or no money. when this madness is over and if u re still alive (because nobody knows the outcome - maybe people will die even breathing air soon) u will have the opportunity to improve your life. get a job, meet a woman, create a family. my husband's colleague got married second time at the age of 56 with a woman 20 years younger and they made 2 babies. he already had children from previous marriage, so those were for her, but u see - it is never too late and for a man 50 years old is a young boy. u make your life, nobody else does. if u live in misery it is because u made it that way. maybe this quarantine time will be good for u to reflect on the past and make a plan for the future. u may also exercise to keep in shape - run on place, on a balcony if u have one, and use plastic bottles filled with water for weight lifting. I saw on tv they do in jail - tape several bottles and make a handle. instead of sitting and wallow in self pity they train muscles not to lose time

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.