promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 2 months ago

Please help! I hurt my mom’s feelings and I feel awful about it. Any advice please I need to make things right.?

On Snapchat there’s a filter that will can make you look like a guy and another that makes you look like a girl. So I was messing around and doing that with my family and when it was my moms turn she said later when she has makeup on so I said ok and just smiled at her nbd but my dad told her it didn’t matter so she caved and said okay. We took her pic and she flipped. She said she looked like her father and she did everything in her power not to be like him but she looked a lot like him with that filter. My mom’s dad is a complete jerk and I feel so bad that I even brought up the app. She told me to delete it, which I did immediately, and not to push her again if she said no. I apologized and gave her a hug but I hurt her inadvertently and don’t know how to fix it. I feel as though I broke her mental state, she almost started crying and I think I saw a tear. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

2 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Hurt feelings aren't so hard to soothe as real physical or moral injuries would be.  Tell your mom you understand why she got so upset, and you won't be so unsympathetic in the future.  

If she still feels bad about this, give her extra help and attention, but one sincere apology should be enough.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 2 months ago

You said you were sorry, what else is there to do.  It is stupid and more to do with HER feeling about her father than the stupid app.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.