promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Cars & TransportationMaintenance & Repairs · 2 months ago

Can Deck Cards damage sidewall on car tires?

I recently purchased a new car and I plasti dipped the rims. I placed deck cards around the rim to avoid overspray onto the tires. About a month later, I got a flat tire. Took it to the dealership service and they said "they fixed it" and the tire ended up going flat again the next day. So I went back and they said theres pokes on the side wall and thats what caused the flat tire and said I need a new tire. Is this possible or was the car tire defective to begin with? If this is true, will all my tires eventually go flat?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

Pokes on the sidewalls would mean holes in the sidewalls like from a pin or nail.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 2 months ago

You effed up the tire.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

I am looking at this question to find out what "deck cards are" I googled and got playing cards. That can't be it?

So; EXPLAIN

Other than that, I never go back to the dealership for anything.  They sell cars. That is their specialty. Nothing else.   

If I want service I go to the specific specialty store such as a Tire store for tires & wheels.

Obviously they did not fix the flat, or they did if it was a puncture but then cause a leak somewhere else.  Usually around the rim.  They did not check that to make sure they did their job right...and 100%

Suggesting you need a new tire is just a money grab by them.

A month old tire is still a NEW TIRE. So they are full of it and just want your money.

Go to a tire store.  

I don't know how you are doing this(but you can't drive on a flat tire 10 feet or you will destroy the tire.)  You should put on the spare. Then you can drive.(provided the spare is not flat) These expensive lessons we learn.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Tricky.

Dealers are not that reliable for Wheel/Tyre leaking problems. Better you should go to a Tyre Dealer or Independent garage.

The Entire wheel assembly and tyre should be submerged and observed to see where the actual leak is coming from.

In my experience as a Tyre Tech (c.1975). I have seen leaking from tyre rims, the wheel it self, stems, as well as the expected punctured tyre.

More than three puncture repairs in the Tyre, should be replaced.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.