promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

I know they're probably in the cartoon series, but why aren't there more sith lords in the Star Wars movies as there's so many out there?

The top 10 I'd especially like to see darth krayt, Darth Bane, darth nihilus, darth talon, Asajj Ventress, Naga Sadow,Darth Malgus, darth glovoc, Darth Chratis and Freedon Nadd. I know there's many more, but that's actually the point of this question. there are so many characters it would be fun to get the entire mythos...obviously spread out throughout the years. Who knows, maybe Disney will realize this and make star wars more epic than it already is. we already have the very popular Mandalorian. sure it might be simpler to do it in a cartoon series or video games, but movies can be more exciting

Update:

I know the rule of there can only be 2 sith members at a time, but there's not a rule against more than one villains. Heck in episodes 3 they include general grievous. Just saying, there's so many star wars villains and stories the movies don't have to end. It doesn't just have to be just in the video games, seems a little selfish for only gamers and the people who read into the star wars lore to be the only ones to know about the plethora of stories. 

Update 2:

Not everyone can afford all the books or games. 

1 Answer

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

Most likely because of The Rule of Two implemented by the Sith. It means that only one Sith master and one apprentice are allowed to exist.

https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Rule_of_Two

Because of that, there were no more Sith in the films except for Palpatine, Count Dooku, and Darth Vader, and it was confirmed that Kylo Ren was not a Sith due to his association with The Knights of Ren.

• In regards to limiting characters to games and books: it happens to many franchises. Batman, for example, has dozens of villains but the live action movies only use the same 7 or so villains in the last 80 years.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.