promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

My sisters doesn't let her husband inside the house because he's still goes to work - Would you put up with that?

My brother-in-law is an engineer. His job is considered essential, so he's still going out to work everyday.

My sister has been making him sleep in the garage for the past 2 weeks. She doesn't let him inside the house.

She has kids, but kids are the least vulnerable.

Would you put up with that?

13 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

No I would divorce the witch.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Raja
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Your sister should understand that he is working so hard to make a living.Rather than treating him in that manner she should discuss the situation with him and make suggestions to make family life more pleasant. For example as an engineer he should be in a position to seek alternative employment where there will certain amount of freedom to balance his family life and employment.He may be under essential services but depending on the regulations there may be a point at which he could be discharged from his services. Discuss the matter with him and come to an amicable settlement.

• 2 months ago

I suppose her Marriage Vows Don't Mean Much: "For Better or Worse, In Sickness and Health.....", he should keep his paycheck in the Garage as well.......my Grandfather said "A Woman is Only as Loyal as Her Options".....He was right on that also!

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

My sister-in-law is an engineer, and she's working from home.  So are several other engineers I know.  So no, as an employee I would not put up with having my employer abuse me like that.  As a spouse, I would definitely stay in the garage because I don't want to risk killing my family.  But the fault here lies with the employer.  At the very least the employer should be providing a hotel or similar housing for all employees to protect their families.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • David
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

It depends. I am an essential engineer too. I wish I wasn't, because honestly I would rather stay home. I literally risk my life by going to work every day. Sigh...

Would I put up with my wife making me sleep in the garage? Possibly. In fact, I might insist on it myself. This virus kills people of all ages, genders, races, sexuality...it does not discriminate.

How happy I would be with the "garage" situation would depend a lot on the environment at work. Where I work, it's almost impossible to maintain social distance. So even when I'm wearing a mask, I am still at risk. If the wife told me to sleep in the garage, I probably would not protest at all. I'd rather the wife and kids be safe for a while. It's not a permanent thing. Better safe than sorry.

• 2 months ago

no i wouldnt..she needs to go to work!

• kristy
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

Take your clothes off in the garage

• 2 months ago

I would put up with being housed elsewhere during this pandemic in order to allow my family to "Shelter in" because if I brought this disease into the household and caused great misery and possible death... THAT is what I couldn't live with. Sheltering elsewhere for a couple of months? That's be a drop in the bucket compared to the potential consequences of coming and going from the house.

I have a son who needs to continue to work in a public position and he spends well over an hour in the garage every night stripping completely, washing his clothes, washing himself with soap and Hot water, disinfecting his car, wheel, door handles and anything else he touches and then comes in the house making sure he takes NOTHING with him inside that he uses or touches outside. He is diligent and wouldn't even THINK of entering his house with his family in it without taking serious and determined measures to detox and keep his family safe.

• mokrie
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

She's smart and she's right. Kids can die too and have. And if SHE dies the kids would have no mother. She's doing what's smart.

• 2 months ago

no. it’s my house ima go in there if i f-cking want to .. tf ?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.