promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 2 months ago

Anybody else enjoying try new food every week instead of sticking to your comfort zone?

Update:

That makes grocery shopping fun 

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

I myself can cook 50 Chinese dishes without needing to look at a recipe and I also cook Italian, Greek, German, French, Mexican, Indian which is very spicy, as well as Jewish, and a few other cuisines

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • denise
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

With the limits on certain ingredients at the moment, you certainly get more inventive in your recipes or more creative with the more 'available' items. 

Some of the ingredients I could get were;- duck eggs [haven't had them since I was a kid], there were no chicken eggs on the shelves, [these were richer and less were needed in recipes].

Also I bought some 'smoked trout' as the canned tuna & salmon was scarce in the supermarket. I made a tasty trout pate with some creamed horseradish, tartare sauce & fine diced chives, or scallions if preferred.

Fresh veg was scarce too, so I managed to get a red cabbage, I cooked it with some apple & balsamic vinegar.  The rest I made into pickle & a slaw.

• 2 months ago

Yes, I enjoy trying new and different things.

• 2 months ago

I have been enjoying cooking a few things that take more time than I normally would. 

Example last weekend I made Beef Rouladen and home made Spaetzle, potato pancakes and cut up a head of red cabbage because someone bought all the jars of Aunt Nellie's Red Cabbage! And cuz the grand kids wanted it Home made Chocolate Mocha Ice Cream. 

This weekend Home made bread, beef Strogonoff and Chocolate Mousse Cake

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

Yes, I am about to make a new salad dressing and try a few changes in my coconut curry recipe. 

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

I believe you have a  excellent question. Comfort is good dude.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

I am staying in my comfort zone right now but I do not mind trying new foods.

• 2 months ago

i havent been eating much at all, feel kind of down cause of all the lockdowns

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.