promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

22re engine?

Hi so I just replace my motor mounts (from Napa auto parts) and transmission mount but still has a shake when turning my car off. Is there anyway to reinforce it? 

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago
    Favorite Answer

What you're probably experiencing is "dieseling", where there is a run-on condition after the electrical circuit is killed. There are different reasons for dieseling, often it's from simply the rotating mass (pistons and crankshaft) having enough momentum to pull fuel/air into the combustion chamber and there is enough residual heat to ignite. Most fuel-injected engines don't diesel because the fuel is stopped at the injectors but with a carburetor, the vacuum created can easily pull the remaining fuel/air charge into the engine. Some injected engines can have dieseling if an injector is leaking. 

So, look up dieseling causes, like timing, carbon build-up, too lean of mix causing heat, etc. 

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 2 months ago

Sounds like the idle is too high when you shut it off and some of the leftover fuel explodes in one or two of the cylinders before it finally stops moving. Check your idle speed and check the fuel pressure cut off valve.

• 2 months ago

Tune the engine. Mounts are designed to let the engine shake as much as it needs to. If the engine shakes excessively, it needs repair.

• 2 months ago

Check the compression.The PSI of each cylinder has to be within 10 PSI or you may notice a slight shake

If the timing is off (too far advanced) and that shake is the motor kicking backwards, set the timing immediately so the timing chain doesn't jump time.

Source(s): Mitsubishi Master Tech
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

Try torquing the mount bolts first.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.