promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Home & GardenCleaning & Laundry · 2 months ago

How do I motivate myself to clean my bedroom?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago
    Favorite Answer

what always works for me is a few episodes of hoarders or How clean is your house?  (both on youtube)

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 2 months ago

Have a cold brew latte.

I was introduced to these at my local coffee shop.  They put about 10 oz of cold brewed coffee, half and half and a vanilla syrup over ice.  I was chatting with the owner one day when placing my order and told her I was treating myself to a (regular) latte to motivate me to clean my house.  She said “try this, it will clean your house for you!!”  She was right...

When I am VERY unmotivated to do something I will try to go at it in intervals, I’ll set the time for say...20-40 minutes and work steadily, then stop and do something I like for a while, then go back to the chore. 

Sometimes it helps to attack sections, like start by getting everything off the surfaces and floor, then the next step, and so on.

Sometimes when I have a particular area I need to clean up I just take all the mixed/messy contents and put them in a plastic bag or box(es) and clean up the area, then go back and sort the stuff.  One thing I do make sure I do is NEVER pack up any trash, dirty dishes or dirty clothes.  In fact, during this lockdown I’m going through my garage - I have several boxes of mixed stuff I am going through now that were the last things to get moved and just got shoved in boxes.  Because it’s all “good stuff” and not gross or dirty, it’s fairly easy to just sort though.

• 2 months ago

Put the dirty socks and underwear under your pillow.

• 2 months ago

Because Girls Will Not come Into Your Room To Kiss You, If It Is Dirty

If it is Clean Girls Will Love Your Room, and they will tell you.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

Imagine for every day you put off cleaning 10 kittens die. Directly because of you. 

Source(s): How can you do that!?!
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.