promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

Have you noticed how appreciative grocery store workers are when people thank them for being there?

They deserve our thanks!

9 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago
    Favorite Answer

God Bless them all!  and the delivery people too....keeping the world running!!  I always get everything delivered but I do SO much appreciate all the people who are doing what they can to keep everything up and running--do tip the delivery people big time--I just read about horrible people who put big tips on instacart to get someone to shop for them and then change it to 0% after they get what they want-horrible people---the shoppers and delivery people and cashiers even deserve BIG fat tips for what they do.

• Nuff Sed
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

Tips are always optional, so there's that.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 1 month ago

Kindness goes a loooooooooong way. People need to remember that, and not be so hateful to those who cannot avoid work.

• 1 month ago

Surely EVERYONE appreciates being thanked?

As for tipping delivery people, we are being strongly discouraged from handing cash to anyone. We're all doing bank transfers instead, wherever possible.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Grocery stores have many different  types of food.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Tulip
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

They don't have much choice it's not as if they are volunteering

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

No, because I haven't been to the grocery store since before March 12.  I've had all my groceries delivered.  The guys from Shipt and Instacart seem pretty appreciative though, but I'm assuming that's because I tip them no less than $20.  So "thanks"?  Yeah, thanks don't pay the bills.  Put your money where your mouth is.

• Nuff Sed
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

Tips are always optional.  Some guy showing up with an order you paid for, and being paid to deliver it to you, probably has no expectation of getting a tip.

• I have been thanking everyone profusely any chance I get. Haven't been to the store, but giving major thanks to delivery people and anyone I contact via the internet/email. Including (and really importantly) tipping as much as possible on restaurant and grocery deliveries. 

• 2 months ago

They are essential/key workers as in this current crisis they are risking their lives so we eat. In a few months when all this is over they will revert back to being rude & ignoring you

• Nuff Sed
      Lv 7
      1 month agoReport

"Risking their lives"?  In a grocery store?  What sort of proof do you have for that leap of logic?

• 2 months ago

I thanked a grocery store worker not long ago and they thought I was being sarcastic about them having a few empty shelves.  I really meant it genuinely though.  I agree though, they are working hard and putting themselves at risk to keep us fed.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.