promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Red asked in Home & GardenCleaning & Laundry · 2 months ago

I am freaking out about COVID-19 compromised goods plus i have housekeeping to do. Please give me an action plan!!!?

In the middle of a Covid-19 lockdown and my area has a Stay at home order. I 

moved in with family to self isolate together. 

I have to worry about Covid-19 sanitizing plus general housekeeping to complete. What do i clean 1st, 2nd, 3rd, etc?I have clean clothes to foldI have to organize stuff tooI have dishes to wash, i dont think they will all fit in dishwasher. 

I would love to sterilize/sanitize my tile floors, but what is the best cleaner to kill COVID-19?

I have Covid-19 compromised luggage, toiletries, car.

Should i wipe off door handles? Is this every hour or when i change activities?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

In the middle of it and you are just now worrying about this? I smell a troll.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • Tulip
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Listen moron if the virus isn't in your house you don't need to sanitize for it

• Barry
    Lv 4
    2 months ago

Don't panic chaps. Just do your normal routine home jobs. No special procedures are required. Staying at home is the key to survival.

• drip
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Not sure why you think your floor is contaminated with the virus.   Your hands and what you touch with your hands or others touch wiht their hands is what  needs to be cleaned.  Lysol, bleach water can be used.  

You wipe off after use. If you clean you car and then don’t use it for a week, there is no reason to clean it again.   After use I have a pail full of Lysol and water and a rag. I wipe of the dashboard, steering wheel, all knobs- turn-single,  etc. The seat belt latch and where is releases, inside door and our side door handle, and the seat.  Think of where you touch.  If you have a spray can of Lysol I would spray the inside 

I routinely wipe (with Lysol water) door knobs, light switches, phones, TV remotes.  

Bathroom, toilet, especially the flush handle, faucet handles, sink, light switch and door handle.  I have been doing this once a day.  You don’t need to be doing this every hour.  Only when a member of the household has been outside the house. When they could of been exposed to the virus. 

We don’t use the living room or guest room.  I have cleaned them and don’t bother with them again.   

We wear a mask when going out of the house. 

When my son comes home from work the car and door get wiped down. He takes off his mask, clothes and put  them in the washer as he comes in, then washes his hands, then he showers. everything he touches gets wiped down.   The door, washer and faucet handles. 

When I went out grocery shopping and to pick up prescriptions yesterday I followed the same procedures when I got home. There is no need to sanitized everything in the house.

Once a surface is wiped down with Lysol or bleach or any sanitizer it is clean. Unless used or touched  it stays clean.  

Food deliveries.   I wipe down the counters with Lysol water. Have them set it down on the porch.  I bring it in, take food out of bags throw out bags. I wipe down each product with Lysol water and put on second cleaned counter. That means everything. Frozen pizza , cans, boxes. Then I wipe down counter and doors and sink. Wash my hands. Then put away food.  All veggies and fruit are put into a bowl of water and soap and then Washed and rinsed well.  

There are 3-4 days in a row when none of us leave the house and no deliveries are brought into the house.  So no exposure. 

If you haven’t touch your tools there is no need to sanitize them. 

You immediately wash you hands when you come in from the outside. Routinely washing your hands throughout the day should now be the norm. 

Dishes. I do not wash any dish, pot, silverware by hand. Everything goes in the dishwasher now. Wash your hands before unloading the dishes. 

You luggage should not of come into the house without wiping it off first. If you wanted to be cautious, the clothes should of been washed , taken from the luggage direct to the washer. And the toiletries wiped down before put away.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.