promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFamily · 2 months ago

What do I do if my parents refuse to let my boyfriend move in to our house? ?

I’m pregnant and still living with my parents. They said that they will not let my boyfriend move in to help raise the baby. That’s not good because if my boyfriend isn’t there to help, it will be like I’m a single mom doing everything myself. I’m also not comfortable with my child spending nights over at his house. 

67 Answers

Relevance
  • L
    Lv 4
    2 months ago

Your parent's house - their rules.  A for after the baby is born - NO overnight visits with anyone until the toddler is 1-year of age.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 2 months ago

It sounds like you BFs living arrangements are the least of your concerns.  You need to get your priorities straight you are going to be the mother of a small defenseless human and you don't sound like you are ready for that massive responsibility.

• Good
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

What?  He can't move in?  Then you move in with him.

• 2 months ago

How were you independent enough to get pregnant if you're not independent enough to be on your own? 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • e9601:
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

You need to grow up. If you're old enough to spread your legs for a bf, you're old enough to be on your own. Your parents don,t owe you a thing.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Decent people don't let daughters shack-up in their home Ditz!                                                    Your boyfriend knocked you up & didn't even have the decency marry you or even move you into his Own place to support you & help with your child.

So why the hell would your parents allow a POS  like THAT to move in their house!? 

• ...Show all comments
    • Mr.Anonymous
      Lv 4
      2 months agoReport

@Lowri Yea right Everybody wants to Fu*k & make babies but nobody wants to Marry everybody wants to go to heaven but nobody wants to die to get there, & everybody wants to live happily ever-after in a castle but nobody want's to go to work. I'm no Saint but I don't live like a heathen savage either 

• 2 months ago

Oh honey, I’m sorry you’re in a scary place right now.  21 years ago I was in your shoes. I realized I didnt have to end my dreams but I did realize they were going to get stretched over time and possibly change over time. YOU can get thru this, and you’ll see every parent has fears.  There is a reason our “old folks” told us it was better to wait.  But no! Our bodies, our sex lives...our bills, our non private lives, our hungry nights... I do have 1 question though.  Why would you lay down with a man who you wouldn’t let your child stay the night with?  Please do t go into this with the “I can change him” processes. But married or not, PLEASE give that man the chance to be a good father and don’t gripe about him not giving you money if you aren’t giving your parents what money you can. Women aren’t washers that go dormant in between cycles, we can work too. Which might be easier when y’all have your own place.

• 2 months ago

bluebellbkk has best answer...

• ?
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

ITS NOT THEIR JOB TO PAY HIS BILLS... YOU SHOULD BE MOVING OUT and INTO HIS PARENTS HOUSE AND LET THEM PAY YOUR BILL for your LOSER BF,,

'

YOUR PARENTS should have already kicked you out and told your BF to support you.

• 2 months ago

You haven't included what your plans were when you two decided to create a child: where were you intending to live? What has changed? If you can't earn enough to create and run a home together, how will you be able to care for a child as well? Your boyfriend had better step up, hadn't he, and find a way to get a place to live and a way to pay rent, food, utilities, etc. If he can't or won't do that, be very grateful that your parents can care for you. I know someone in a very similar situation, and fortunately she, too, has parents who love her enough to be there. Good Luck!

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.