promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Arts & HumanitiesPhilosophy · 2 months ago

Would you open an envelope with your own date of death written in it?

19 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

yes, I would like to know so that I can make sure I spend my time wisely before I go. I don't want to leave my friends and family with unanswered questions because of my own untimely demise.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • I did that once...the content was "April Fool!"

• 2 months ago

No. We have a purpose in life, and a whole future ahead of us. There's a reason why we should "enjoy the moment." DO NOT skip what life has brought to you, because it is a gift you should cherish. If this ever happens, I'd basically be spoiling my whole life is I ever opened it. And if it magically happens, don't do it. 

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Wrong forum. Reported.  Take it to Polls & Surveys. 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

Absolutely. I have small children and could plan better for their futures if I knew more about my own future.

• 2 months ago

No, I wouldn't open it hun.

• Dimple
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

sure.. it doesn't mean i am going to die on that date.. it just means some douchebag wants to scare me.

i don't want to live past 85 anyway. So if there's a date that says i'm going to live until i'm 102.. i will just roll my eyes and not believe it.

• 2 months ago

Sure. There is no proof of when I am going to die, so the date on the envelope would be irrelevant, even if someone said it was correct.

• 2 months ago

Only if the date had passed

• 2 months ago

No I wouldn't.  Not knowing when your time comes is a huge influence on how you live your life and what motivates you.  I should have died several times already and I'm not even 40 yet so I will will just keep on keepin' on.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.