promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 2 months ago

Is it my fault that I am so short?

I'm 22 year old guy. I'm 5'6" tall and weigh around 167 pounds. I feel extremely inferior about my height. I feel as if I'm small and weak and that's impossible for me to get stronger than taller men. I won't be able to physically defeat others because of my short stature. My mom is 5'1" and my dad is 5'7".

13 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago
    Favorite Answer

No it's not your fault. Genetics decides ultimately how tall you're going to be. Learn to think smarter, not stronger. 

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 2 months ago

Height doesn't necessarily play a role in strength and how tall or short we are is determined by our genes so no it's not your fault that you're not tall. If i were you i would just let go of that idea because it's never a good idea to beat yourself up especially about things you can't control. If you're worried about strength just do exercises to get stronger. I do Chloe ting's workouts and i feel myself growing stronger everyday. Her workouts are great and there have also been guys who do them and see results they're for everyone not just girls. You go to Chloe ting.com and she has free workout programs. It's up to you but i think if there's something you don't like about yourself you have to find something to counter it in a positive way. You can help your height but you can always work on getting stronger if you feel you're not strong enough. Hope this helps and good luck.

• 2 months ago

Of course! You didn't drink enough milk when you were younger so that's why you're so short!

• 2 months ago

Being short is not your fault.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Height is genetic. There is no 'fault'.

Height has ZERO to do with strength. 

• Carol
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

Defeat the taller ones with stealth and cunning.

• 2 months ago

A normal psychological problem! Dad. at 5'4", suffered from it. Called "small man syndrome". Nero, Napoleon, Hitler, All suffered the same symptoms.

Peace.

• kelvin
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

you are not short

• Bernd
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

It is hard to fight genetics.  But as you are growing having a healthy diet can help you make the most of your genetic potential.

• Wendigo
      Lv 7
      2 months agoReport

At twenty two he's done growing in height, the details gives his age.

• 2 months ago

Suck it up. your height has little to do with your strength. Try something like weight-lifting and you can be as strong as you want. If fighting is your aim (I don't see why it should be), you can add judo or some other martial art.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.