promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 2 months ago

As we approach the peak of the Coronavirus crisis, how does the Dow Jones compare to when Trump took office?

34 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago
    Favorite Answer

The Dow Jones was 18,700 when Trump was elected. Today, 4/9/2020, Dow Jones:  23,433! That's up just over +25%. 18,700*1.25= 23,375!

Consider the high: 29,568, which was our indication of financial strength before we got hit by a world-wide pandemic. Also, it's great for traders. Buy low, sell high! Buy Now! Hear me?

Still, few people hold Trump responsible for our financial markets. I do believe he has a mild effect; and I do favor Trump among other Presidents; and I am not alone. Let's check back in 4 years. My forecast: Dow 34,000 by 2023. We will see. Thanks for the question.   

Attachment image
    Source(s): I'm a Stock Market Mentor Teacher
    • ...Show all comments
    • jj
      Lv 5
      2 months agoReport

Barack Obama was president when Trump was elected. The market continued the same trend it had followed for 7 years of his presidency - UP.

• Commenter avatarLogin to reply the answers
  • 2 months ago

Bbhhhhjjnnnnjjjj

• 2 months ago

IT is still higher and is expected to go even higher fast when the BS Pandemic Panic is over.

• Annonymous
      Lv 6
      2 months agoReport

It will have to go up to 40,000+ to beat out Obama's 251%

• nappa
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Over 3000 points higher now than when he took office, once this is over it will go crazy even more,, all because of tax structures that could have been done under all the past POTUS but they wouldn't do it, loved letting jobs to over seas

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

Dow still holding onto 25% growth compared to 2016, so you know it will go further down from here.

• 2 months ago

The Dow swelled up like a corpse in the sun, then it burst open after covid19 hit. The market used to be based on product, long ago. Now it is all FIAT, and there is no real value, only an agreement of what value potential it may have from time to time. Trump does not control the Dow, but,like a bad neighbor, he brings the neighborhood down with an ignorant tweet.

• 2 months ago

The DOW was 18,700 when he took office.

• ...Show all comments
    • Dru Zod
      Lv 4
      2 months agoReport

It went up 3k under Obama over the previous high under Bush... that was over 8 years 

Obama has the worst economy since FDRs Great Depression 

• 2 months ago

At this minute, the Dow is up 18% from when Trump was inaugurated.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Way lower.   Thanks a Trump.   

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

Despite the Coronavirus losses, it’s still more than 4,000 points higher than when Trump took office.   

• The Devil
      Lv 7
      2 months agoReport

He can short the market, crash it with a stupid tweet and buy back in cheap and keep doing that.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.